Recently, I had a serious case of the Sunday blues. I could not quite figure out how to lift my mood up.
I decided to blast some music while showering, cleaning, and just being in the apartment. Probably was not the ideal time as Shaun was trying to nap, but I danced around the apartment and felt my spirit lift a little.
Here are some of my happy/fun songs. Some of these make me extra happy because they are tied to special memories like my sister dancing around with my niece on vacation to #7 or my college friends and I dancing around to #3 like goofballs. Either way this is my list of songs to boost my mood and hope some of them will help you through the Sunday (or Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday) blues.
1) Van Morrison – Bright Side of the Road
2) Fleetwood Mac – Don’t Stop Thinking About Tomorrow
3) Stevie Wonder – Signed, Sealed, Delivered
4) Otis Redding – Try a Little Tenderness
5) Kooks – She Moves in her Own Way
6) Band of Horses – The General Specific
7) KC & The Sunshine Band – Boogie Shoes
8) Alabama Shakes – Always Alright
9) Otis Redding – Stand by Me
10) Ray LaMontagne – You are the Best Thing
Showing off some of my moves with some girl friends at a wedding recently
Shaun and I doing some serious dancing at another wedding (my guess is it is to an oldie song, probably Stand by Me)